Welcome to the Cadet Training Centre Frimley Park
Cadet Training Centre (CTC) Frimley Park is the national centre of excellence for Cadet Forces training. Set up in 1959 in Surrey, we deliver a variety of training courses to volunteers in the Army Cadet Force (ACF) and the schools-based Combined Cadet Force (CCF), helping Cadet Force Adult Volunteers (CFAVs) understand the cadet movement and ethos, and teaching them to train cadets effectively and safely. We also deliver the Master Cadet course to senior ACF cadets (aged 16+) and host the annual Champion Cadet Competition to find the best ACF cadet in the UK.
We offer a wide range of qualification courses for CFAVs, including;
- Skill at Arms Instructors Course (SAAI)
- CF SA (M) 07 Cadet Qualification Course
- Adult Leadership and Management Course (ALM) (ACF only)
- CCF Basic (Qualifying) Course (CCF only)
- Area Commanders Course (ACF only)
- Commandants and Senior Officers Course (ACF only)
- First Aid Courses (variety of qualifications)
- Target Rifle Coaching Course
These courses qualify CFAVs to plan and run a variety of training packages at detachment, company and county level, enhancing the experiences given to the cadets. Each course is run by experienced regular, reserve, and cadet instructors, who also provide ongoing advice and assistance to students. Some courses are delivered externally at convenient training bases around the UK; these are highlighted as external on the course calendar.
CTC Frimley Park’s mission is to deliver trained, motivated and educated CFAVs and senior cadets in order to meet the present and future requirements of the Cadet Forces. We seek to engage, enthuse, inspire, challenge, motivate and excite the individual at the prospect of service as part of the Cadet Forces. We support this with a sound understanding and application of the Values and Standards of the British Army and the rigorous use of contemporary and ever-evolving teaching methods to meet the experiences, aspirations and expectations of our students.
Our aim is that everyone leaving the CTC is capable of acting with confidence in their abilities, highly competent in the professional skills they have been taught and with the strength of character to know and to do what is right.
More than 100,000 adults and cadets have passed through our doors since we were established, and we currently support all 57 ACF counties and existing CCF contingents as well as the Government-led CCF expansion programme.
- CCF Basic (Qualifying) Course
- 19/02/2017 - 24/02/2017
- Skill At Arms Instructors Course (SAAI) 16/11 (CTC)
- 26/02/2017 - 03/03/2017
- Cadet Force Target Rifle Coaching Course
- 05/03/2017 - 10/03/2017
- Adult Leadership and Management Course (ALM)
- 12/03/2017 - 17/03/2017
- Master Cadet Course 17/01
- 08/04/2017 - 13/04/2017
- CCF Basic (Qualifying) Course 17/01
- 18/04/2017 - 23/04/2017
- Cadet Force SA (M) Course 17/01
- 23/04/2017 - 28/04/2017