Date(s) - 23/10/2016 - 28/10/2016
Cadet Training Centre Frimley Park
Aim. To develop the leadership and military skills of ACF 4* cadets.
Qualification. Successful completion of the Master Cadet Course qualifies cadets for consideration for appointment to Master Cadet. Appointment as a Master Cadet is at the discretion of the ACF Commandant.
Course Outline. The course is 5 days long and its aim is to broaden and develop further the leadership, instructional and administrative responsibilities of 4* cadets, with the intention of making better use of their abilities. It also encourages the retention of senior cadets by giving them something to strive for beyond 4*. This is a physically arduous and mentally demanding course. Candidates must ensure that they are adequately prepared.
Eligibility. The course is open to ACF cadets only. All applicants must have completed fieldcraft as a progressive subject and have qualified on the Senior Cadets Instructors’ Cadre (SCIC). Students are to be at least 16 ½ years old and at the minimum rank of Sergeant.
Pre-Requisites. The following pre-requisites apply.
- Candidates must be shown as passed 4* and hold an in date (valid for the duration of the course) Weapon Handling Test (WHT) certificate on the L98A2 Cadet GP Rifle. This must also be recorded within Qualifications on Westminster (Students who are flagged on Westminster indicating that their WHT is not current at 2 weeks prior to their course start date will be subject to rejection off the course).
- Completed 4 * fieldcraft.
- Completed SCIC.
Recommendations. It is recommended that students also undertake the following before attending the course.
- Have a level of fitness that will enable them to take part in up to 10 battle Exercises per day, a log-run and obstacle course and a navigation test.
- Have a good understanding of Section Battle Drills.
- Know how to plan and conduct a fieldcraft lesson.
- Know how to navigate using an OS map by day and night.
Courses. In 2016/17 there will be 4 courses with places for 40 students on each course.
Application Procedure. Applications must be loaded on to WESTMINSTER by ACF Counties. Closing dates on WESTMINSTER will be strictly adhered to (this is at least 8 weeks prior to the start of every course).
Course start- Sunday 1800
Course end- Friday 1230