Date(s) - 18/02/2018 - 23/02/2018
Cadet Training Centre Frimley Park
Aim. To develop the core military skills and knowledge of all new CCF ranks in order to enable them to assist in the training of their cadets.
Qualification. Successful completion of the course authorises all CCF ranks to instruct in the subjects of the CCF APC syllabus (not Skill At Arms).
Course Outline. The course is 6 days long and concentrates on leadership of cadets. It also covers basic methods of instruction in order to enable CCF officers to instruct in basic syllabus subjects. These subjects include: command tasks; basic navigation with an OS map and compass; application of marksmanship principles and shooting; basic fieldcraft including administration of cadets in the field; formal dinner night.
Eligibility. Students must have been formally appointed to a role within the CCF approved by SO2 Cadets at the relevant Bde HQ before attendance on this course.
Pre-Requisites. The following pre-requisites apply.
- Candidates must hold an in date (valid for the duration of the course) Weapon Handling Test (WHT) certificate on the L98A2 Cadet GP Rifle. This must also be recorded within Qualifications on Westminster (Students who are flagged on Westminster indicating that their WHT is not current at 2 weeks prior to their course start date will be subject to rejection off the course).
- Have attended a pre-CCF Basic course, run by CTTs.
- Formally take part in all of L98A2 rifle lessons 1-9.
- Can undertake basic drill movements.
- Have a basic understanding of a compass and an OS map.
Recommendations. It is recommended that students are familiar with the cadet fieldcraft pamphlet and are prepared for an overnight exercise.
Courses. In 2017/18 there will be 7 courses with places for 40 students on each course.
Application Procedure. Applications must be loaded on to WESTMINSTER by Bde or CTT. Contingents are not to load applicants directly. Closing dates on WESTMINSTER will be strictly adhered to (this is at least 8 weeks prior to the start of every course).
Course start- Tuesday 1730
Course end- Sunday 1230