Adult Leadership and Management Course (ALM)
- Candidates must hold Westminster Basic User.
- Have an understanding of the formatting of an Administrative Instruction in accordance with JSP 101.
Skill At Arms Instructors Course (SAAI)
- Candidates must hold an in date WHT for the L98A2 Cadet GP Rifle, valid for the duration of the course.
- Rehearse SAA lessons 1-9 under the supervision of a qualified SAAI.
Cadet Force SA (M) Course
- Candidates must hold an in date WHT (valid for the duration of the course) on the following: L98A2 Cadet GP Rifle; L72/L83/L132A1 Grenade Hand Smoke Screening; L35A1 Simulator Battle Sound (SBS).
- Physically fit and able to take part in up to 20 battle lessons over 2 days
- Prior knowledge of JSP 101, EAMs and EASPs.
Area Commanders Course/ ACF Commandants and Senior Officers Course
- Previous attendance on mandatory courses (AI Course pre 2012/ ALM Course 2012 onwards) (Area Commanders only)
- Complete pre-reading issued with Joining Instructions.
CCF Basic Qualifying Course
- Candidates must hold an in date (valid for the duration of the course) WHT on the L98A2 cadet GP Rifle.
- Have attended a pre-CCF Basic run by CTTs.
- Formally taken part in L98A2 rifle lessons 1-9.
- Have an understanding of basic drill movements, using a compass and an OS map.
- Familiarity with the cadet fieldcraft pamphlet and prepared for an overnight exercise.
Fieldcraft Officers Course
- Candidates must be familiar with the Cadet Training Fieldcraft and Tactics pamphlet.
- Candidates should have a working knowledge and experience of teaching fieldcraft, including the practical application in the field, up to and including 2 star (or CCF(A) equivalent).
There is NO requirement for candidates to hold an in date WHT as they will be involved in TEWCs only, no fieldcraft exercises.
- Potential students must be physically and mentally prepared to spend the majority of the course outside involved in TEWCs. However there is no requirement for students to stay overnight in the field.
Target Rifle Coaching Course
- Be familiar with the application of the 4 marksmanship principles
- Have previous experience firing the target rifle on a range.
Master Cadet Course
- Candidates must be shown as having passed 4* and hold an in date (valid for the duration of the course) WHT on the L98 A2 Cadet GP Rifle.
- Completed 4* Fieldcraft
- Completed SCIC
- A high level of physical fitness
- A good understanding of Section Battle Drills and navigation
- Experience at planning and delivering fieldcraft lessons.
Champion Cadet Competition
- Candidates must hold an in date (valid for the duration of the competition) WHT on the BSA Scorpion rifle.
- Completed a Master Course and been awarded Master Cadet status.
First Aid Courses
For First Aid course pre-requisites, please contact your county CFATO, or the First Aid Training Advisor.